Indaco, Toscana IGT – 2015
Indaco (in-da-ko) is Italian for “indigo.” It is often the color of the sky at sunset at Tenuta Sette Cieli.
- Vineyards: Monteverdi Marittimo (Livorno)
- Grape Source: 100% estate vineyards
- Cultivation: 100% organic (not certified); all work is done by hand
- Size: 7 hectares (17.3 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted 2001-2002
- Soil: Medium-textured; black slate, granite rock and clay
- Elevation: 400 meters (1,312 feet) above sea level
- Density: 9,300 vines/hectare (3,765 vines/acre)
- Training: Guyot
2015 growing season was a warm vintage, with good polyphenolic ripening, producing full body wines with lot of extraction and ripe aromas.
- Fermentation: In stainless-steel tanks at controlled temperatures; with indigenous yeast; 100% malolactic
- Maceration: Cold with dry ice for 6-7 days
- Barrel Aging: 18 months in 60 gallon (225 liter) French oak, followed by 9 months in bottle
Malbec, Cabernet and Merlot come together perfectly in this stimulating, complex and structured wine, better expressing the complex and rich terroir with spicy and red-fruit aromas. Freshness, structure, persistence — this is a wine that preserves unchanged traits of the original season and terroir, intensified by 18 months in French oak.
- Varietal Composition: 34% Malbec, 33% Merlot, 33% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Alcohol: 15%
- TA: 5.18 g/l
- p H: 3.5
- RS: 0.64 g/l
- Release Date: May 2019
- Optimum Drinking: Within 2 years