Bourgogne Chardonnay – 2017
- Vineyards: Primarily from the Mâconnais region of Burgundy (ViréClessé and Uchizy), with whom Laroche maintains long-term contracts with the best local growers and trusted winemakers. Laroche follows the grapes from vineyard to cuverie, ensuring the highest possible quality.
- Grape Source: 100% Chardonnay
- Viticulture: Various viticultural practices, with oversight from the Laroche team throughout the year
- Vine Age: 25 to 30 years
- Density: 6,600 vines per hectare (2,670 vines per acre)
A season marked by its precocity. The buds came out in early April, 10 days earlier then 2015 which was itself very precocious. The cold wave that followed slowed down the growth, leaving good conditions for the flowering which began in early June. Even though we can compare this precocious vintage with the 2015, the grape balance is compared to 2014 because of the cool temperature settling at the end of the maturation process. This singular season offered beautiful bunches in perfect health conditions. Once pressed, the juices are precise, straight, with great texture. This vintage will bring well-structured wines with a nice freshness.
- Harvest Date(s): Mid-September
- Yields: 50 hectoliters per hectare (3.70 tons per acre)
- Fermentation: 3 weeks at 16°C - 20°C (60°F–68°F) in stainless-steel tanks
- Malolactic: 95%
- Filtration: Minimum filtration to preserve the maximum natural character of the wine, then bottling under low pressure on a bottling line designed to protect the wine’s quality
Bright yellow. Elegant fruity notes. Lively and balanced, characteristic of the white burgundian wines.
- Serving Suggestions: Fruity, crisp and precise. Lively and mineral. Fresh finish. Enjoy as an apéritif or with prawns, watercress salad, Japenese food or oysters.
- Alcohol: 12.5%