- VenissaBianco, Venice – 2013Wine Enthusiast93 Points
Complex and compelling, this deeply colored white boasts aromas of orange zest, eucalyptus honey, sea breeze and balsamic notes. Made with Dorona, a nearly extinct grape from Venice, the polished focused palate doles out mature yellow peach, maple syrup and almond accompanied by a savory mineral vein. Fresh acidity lifts the dry finish and bestows an age-worthy structure. Drink through 2023.
- VenissaBianco, Venice – 2012Tasting Notes
The wine is golden in color and instantly spicy on the nose with salty notes and nuances of fleshy yellow fruit. On the palate it is well-structure, full and velvety with quince notes and traces of licorice and honey. The finish is dry, savory, fully and persistent. Venissa is a great collector’s white wine with a long life expectancy.
- VenissaRosso, Venice – 2011Tasting Notes
This wine stands out for its ruby red color with violet nuances. On the nose it offers notes of salt marsh flowers together with a fruity sensation that recalls dark woodland fruit such as blackberries and blueberries and more complex expressions like tobacco with briny notes. On the palate, a balsamic and salty perception, followed by a sensation of dark fruit, licorice and dark chocolate. The finish presents a wine that is mellow and creamy with long lasting persistence.
- VenissaVinepair: Why do Italians Insist on Making Wines in the Most Difficult Places – Featuring VenissaVinepair StaffApril 17, 2019
- VenissaHow a Tiny Italian Resort is Reviving Venetian Viticultere – Featuring VenissaClay DillowApril 13, 2019