- PreliusPrile, Maremma Toscana DOC – 2015Sommelier Journal94 Points
“The vineyards for the Cabernet Sauvignon (40%), Sangiovese (40%) and Merlot (20%) for Prelius are located on a hilltop along the shores of the coastal lake for which it is named. Aromas of leather, graphite and plum skins indicate its dark nature. Juicy, with firm tannins, violets and cinnamon spice offer a luxurious flavor profile and a distinct mouthfeel.”
- PreliusCabernet Sauvignon, Maremma Toscana DOC – 2017jamessuckling.com91 Points
"The blackcurrant fruit is so vivid it leaps out of the glass at you, but there’s also a hint of tobacco. Ripe and succulent with a creamy mid-palate and some nice, supple tannins at the long, moderately dry finish. From organically grown grapes."
- PreliusPrile, Maremma Toscana DOC – 2015jamessuckling.com91 Points
"With its full, oaky nose and essence-like, sweet fruit, this warm and generous red has plenty of healthy tannins but finishes slightly sweet. With slightly less ripeness this would rate even higher. Drink now."
- PreliusVermentino, Maremma Toscana DOC – 2017jamessuckling.com90 Points
"Green apples, lime skin and cut grass to this young white. Full-bodied, fruity and succulent. From organically grown grapes. Drink now."
- PreliusCastello di Volpaia’s Prelius Brand Driving Growth In The On-PremiseJulia HigginsDecember 28, 2017
- PreliusPrelius: The Lake, The WineJohn M. FoderaAugust 29, 2014
- PreliusValue Brands of the YearPatrick J. ComiskeyJune 2014
- PreliusCastello di Volpaia Proprietors Release First Wines From New Maremma Estate, PreliusApril 10, 2009