- Dal Forno RomanoAmarone della Valpolicella DOCG – 2012Wine Spectator95 Points
A velvety, full-bodied version, loaded with blackberry coulis, baked black cherry and tar-tinged smoke flavors that ripple across the palate. Offers lovely accents of dried mint, tobacco, iron and anise that echo on the firm finish. A powerhouse, with plenty in reserve. Best from 2022 through 2032.
- Dal Forno RomanoValpolicella Superiore DOC – 2011Decanter96 Points
This wine is a blend of 70 per cent Corvina with 20 per cent Rondinella and just 5 per cent each of Croatina and Oseleta. It’s deep black-red in colour, and is dark and forceful, sombre yet voluptuous in aroma: a harmonious weave of black chocolate, sloe and elderberry, with the years in oak bringing a cedary refinement. On the palate, it’s a vault of a wine: deep...
- Dal Forno RomanoValpolicella Superiore DOC – 2012jamessuckling.com94 Points
"A very rich and spicy nose of kirsch, sweet morello cherries, spice box, hazlenuts and vanilla beans with dried dark cherry cake and lots of cedar, too. Full body, sweet fruit, vibrant acidity, ripe and round tannins and a fruit-forward finish..."
- Dal Forno RomanoAmarone della Valpolicella DOCG – 2012jamessuckling.com97 points
A decadent nose of treacle tart, chocolate, tar ... black fruit ... ash and licorice. A dense, layered mouthfeel makes for a full-bodied palate that's explosive yet somehow so refined and pretty all at the same time. The finish goes on and on ..."
- Dal Forno RomanoOpening a Bottle: Tasting Dal Forno Romano at HarvestKevin DayApril 8, 2019
- Dal Forno RomanoThe 14 Best Wines to Serve at ChristmasSam DangremondDecember 20, 2017