- Dal Forno RomanoValpolicella Superiore DOC – 2011Decanter96 Points
This wine is a blend of 70 per cent Corvina with 20 per cent Rondinella and just 5 per cent each of Croatina and Oseleta. It’s deep black-red in colour, and is dark and forceful, sombre yet voluptuous in aroma: a harmonious weave of black chocolate, sloe and elderberry, with the years in oak bringing a cedary refinement. On the palate, it’s a vault of a wine: deep...
- Dal Forno RomanoValpolicella Superiore DOC – 2012jamessuckling.com94 Points
"A very rich and spicy nose of kirsch, sweet morello cherries, spice box, hazlenuts and vanilla beans with dried dark cherry cake and lots of cedar, too. Full body, sweet fruit, vibrant acidity, ripe and round tannins and a fruit-forward finish..."
- Dal Forno RomanoAmarone della Valpolicella DOCG – 2012jamessuckling.com97 points
A decadent nose of treacle tart, chocolate, tar ... black fruit ... ash and licorice. A dense, layered mouthfeel makes for a full-bodied palate that's explosive yet somehow so refined and pretty all at the same time. The finish goes on and on ..."
- Dal Forno RomanoAmarone della Valpolicella DOCG – 2011Wine Spectator Insider95 points
“Sweet smoke, Asian five spice and cacao accents mix with crème de cassis, cured tobacco and anise notes in this seamless, fullbodied red. A dense and concentrated version, with the long, savory finish firmed by supple, well-knit tannins..."
- Dal Forno RomanoThe 14 Best Wines to Serve at ChristmasSam DangremondDecember 20, 2017