- Biondi-SantiBrunello di Montalcino DOCG – 2013The Wine Advocate96+ Points
This is the year dottore Franco Biondi Santi would pass away, leaving the Brunello appellation orphaned because he was its most beloved and respected paternal figure. A wine shaped very much in his memory, the 2013 Brunello di Montalcino is a stunning edition, with a tight inner core of wild fruit and natural acidity surrounded by elegant tones of blue flower, wild cherry, cured tobacco, balsam herb and camphor ash. This vintage displays a beauti
- Biondi-SantiBrunello di Montalcino DOCG Riserva – 2011Robb ReportThe 14 Best Wines of the Year
This rich, balanced wine has the signature brown-tinged, ruby-red color of a great Brunello (one of the few made with 100 percent Sangiovese) and is rife with both dark red fruit and earthy, herbal notes. Held back until it was perfectly ready, the 2011 vintage ($566) from this historic Tuscan estate is at its peak of drinkability. But wines of its provenance have proven to improve across decades in the cellar, too, even to the century mark...
- Biondi-SantiRosso di Montalcino DOC – 2015Wine Enthusiast91 Points
Delicate scents of rose, wild berry, crushed herb and a whiff of new leather mingle together in the glass. On the linear palate, taut fine-grained tannins support dried cherry, orange zest, star anise and a hint of green tea before a rather drying finish. Drink after 2020.
- Biondi-SantiBrunello di Montalcino DOCG Riserva – 2006Decanter96 Points
As Biondi-Santi is holding back their 2012 Riserva for another year, the estate is instead re-releasing two older Riservas from diverse vintages. The 2006 is the more muscular expression, hailing from a particularly warm, dry year. Almost 13 years after harvest, this is still closed and takes time for some cellar scents to blow off. It combines base notes of dark, wet earth with more lifted orange zest and wild strawberries...
- Biondi-SantiThe Wine Advocate: My Visit to Biondi-SantiMonica LarnerJuly 31, 2019
- Biondi-SantiForbes: Wines of the Week: Two Great Bottles of Brunello di Montalcino Riserva (Biondi-Santi)Brian FreedmanJuly 15, 2019
- Biondi-SantiForbes: The Best Wine for Celebrating Your 21st Birthday, Or Any Milestone – featuring Biondi-SantiKatie Kelly BellJune 28, 2019
- Biondi-SantiA Tuscan Wine Dynasty Forges A New PathMike DeSimone and Jeff JenssenJune 18, 2019