- Arista Winery
- Arista Winery
- Arista WineryChardonnay, Russian River Valley – 2016Jeb Dunnuck94 Points
Arista Winery was founded in 2002 by Al and Janis McWilliams but is run today by their sons Mark and Ben, who took over the reins in 2012. They’ve brought on board winemaker Matt Courtney, revamped vineyards, and renovated the cellar, all of which appears to have paid off as they’ve fashioned some of the top wines in this report. Readers looking for the next superstar estate are advised to get on the bandwagon...
- Arista WineryChardonnay, Ritchie Vineyard, Russian River Valley – 2016Jeb Dunnuck99 Points
From a famous site in the Russian River, the 2016 Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard spent a year in one-third new French oak followed by six months in tank. With a ting of green in its gold color, it has more Chablis-like lemon drops, white flowers, and lemongrass aromatics to go with a marine-like salinity and obvious crushed rock minerality. It's rich, deep, and concentrated on the palate, with a beautiful texture, as well as bright, integrated acid.
- Arista WineryChardonnay, Banfield Vineyard, Russian River Valley – 2016Jeb Dunnuck97 Points
Seeing the same elevage (12 months in one-third new oak followed by six months in tank), the 2016 Chardonnay Banfield Vineyard has a more savory style with notes of baked apple, honeyed minerality, brioche, and some toasty, nutty notes. It's beautifully balanced, has a rich, textured mouthfeel, and a great finish. It's another brilliant wine from this estate.
- Arista WineryPinot Noir, Russian River Valley – 2016Jeb Dunnuck92 Points
The largest production Pinot Noir is the 2016 Pinot Noir Russian River Valley, and it was all destemmed and brought up in French oak, 20% being new. Its medium ruby color gives way to a ripe, exuberant, flashy Pinot Noir that has loads of spice, ripe black cherries, earth, and just a hint of cola. It's textured, balanced, and has tons of charm.
- Arista WineryDecanter: Why Slow Fermentation Pays Off featuring Arista WineryJane AnsonNovember 29, 2018
- Arista WinerySonoma’s Westside Road WineriesPatty BurnessMay 1, 2017
- Arista WineryCalifornia’s Grand Cru ChardonnaysVirginie Boone, Jim Gordon and Matt KettmanSeptember 2016
- Arista WineryGetting Schooled in Sonoma: At AristaKevin DayAugust 26, 2016