Brunello di Montalcino DOCG Vigna Spuntali – 2013
- Grape Source: 100% Sangiovese Grosso "Vigna Spuntalli" vineyard
- Appellation: Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Size: 14 ha (35 acres)
- Vine Age: 23 years
- Soil: Of marine origin containing sand and a mixture of fossil debris and lapilli
- Elevation: 300 meters (984 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: On the southwestern slope, the warmest in Montalcino
- Density: 5,050 vines/acre (7,143 vines/hectare)
- Training: Spurred cordon
Fermentation and maceration take place at a controlled temperature of 25˚–30˚C (77˚-80˚F) in concrete for 20 days. 100% malolactic fermentation.
- Aging: 24 months in French oak and an additional 36 months aging in bottle
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- TA: 5.31 g/L
- p H: 3.4
Strong garnet color with ruby highlights Unfolds warm, intense and refined on the nose. Great explosion of ripe fruit with notes of sour cherry, dried figs, candied fruit and especially orange. On the palate, the sweet and soft tannins accompany the long finish, rich in notes of plums and blackberries
Val di Suga Brunello di Montalcino DOCG Vigna Spuntali – 2013 – Wine Spectator – 92 Points
A powerful red, with dense tannins buoying the black cherry, plum, tobacco, soy and tar flavors. Ample sweet fruit midpalate offsets the structure, while the finish echoes the tar and soy notes. Best from 2023 through 2040.
Val di Suga Brunello di Montalcino Vigna Spuntali – 2013 – Vinous – 94 Points
Good full red. Musky and mineral accents complicate the aromas of raspberry, flint and violet on the enticing nose. A step up in refinement and precision from Poggio al Granchio, with a thrilling silky texture to the tactile flavors of raspberry, red cherry, crushed stone and cinnamon. Wonderfully pure, boasting very fine tannins and lingering sweetness...