Vigna Seré, Passito Rosso, Veneto IGT – 2004
Without a doubt this wine represents the jewel in the crown of our company.
Produced in very limited amounts and on very rare occasions, it constitutes the emblem of the land from where it hails. Recioto, the symbol of Verona, is the wine from which originates this concentration of fruit.
Vigna Seré possesses immense opulence and density, with preeminent hints of plum, black cherry, raspberry, chocolate and coffee. A good level of sharpness supports the refined tannins that, with their sweetness and elegance, gift the drinker moments of intense emotions. Persistence. Nuances of truffle, tobacco and new leather wrap around the finish. Unique in its class, the essence of this wine epitomizes all the passion and experience that we have developed over the years in our profound devotion towards our work.
- Soil: Situated in the town of Tregnago, at an altitude 350 metres above sea level, the soil can be distinguished by its particular chalky clay formation. The vineyard faces east-west.
- Harvest Date(s): September 20th - 25th
- Fermentation: Fermentation takes place in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of around 28°, which are equipped with a sophisticated computerised system which allows for automated punching for a period of around 15 days, including the final maceration which takes two days.
- Aging: After the racking process, the Vigna Serè rests for a few days in stainless steel tanks which, thanks to their particular shape, allows for easy decantation and, subsequently, is placed in new barrels to mature for 36 months.
- Varietal Composition: 55% Corvina, 15% Rondinella, 20% Croatina, 10% Oseleta
Vigna Seré, Passito Rosso, Veneto IGT – 2004 – 96 points – Vinous
“Bright deep ruby. Intense but refined aromas and flavors of red cherry jam, licorice cocoa and flinty minerals, with a bright violet topnote. Lively but harmonious acidity really lift and extend the rich high concentrated and multilayered flavors on the long, luscious and very precise finish. In many respects, this is always my favorite wine from Dal Forno, as I find it has impeccable balance (14% alcohol, 150g/L r.s. and 7g/L total acidity) and a very high easy-drinking quality (especially given a rather crazy-high 56g/L dry extract). The extremely high quality of this wine (it used to be labeled as a Recioto della Valpolicella) and Dal Forno’s exacting standards are well demonstrated by the fact that he has only made this wine six times in the roughly thirty year lifetime of the estate! Even though the 2004 vintage was marred by an early July hailstorm, this is one of Dal Forno’s best Reciotos ever.”
Vigna Seré, Passito Rosso, Veneto IGT – 2004 – 99 points – The Wine Advocate
"...The concentration and layering of the wine are both rare and distinctive. The mouthfeel sees sweet flavors with a syrupy mouthfeel. The finish offers hints of caramelized brown sugar and savory hickory..."