Valpolicella Classico Superiore DOC l’Imperfetto – 2017
- Vine Age: 27 years
- Soil: Dark, gravelly, high clay content, fertile, deep and drought-resistant
- Density: 3,000 vines/hectare (1,214 vines/acre)
- Training: ‘Double Pergola’, with 3,000 vines per hectare, 18 buds per vine, green cover crop between rows
- Harvest Date(s): End of September. Part is pressed immediately. Small percentage undergoes slow grape withering in the drying room until November.
Crushing and pressing of de-stemmed grapes. Fermentation at a controlled temperature of 28 C (82 F). The must obtained in September from freshly-vinified grapes, macerates in contact with the skins for 10 days; the must obtained in November from dry ones, remains in contact with the skins for 20 days. The two wines are then assembled together. Malolactic fermentation.
- Aging: In oak vats for 6-8 months, following by 9 months in bottle.
- Varietal Composition: 50% Corvina, 20% Corvinone, 25% Rondinella, 5% Croatina
- Alcohol: 14.3%
- TA: 5.3 g/L
- p H: 3.4
- RS: 2 g/L
Particular note of ripe fruit in a dry and intense wine, which cuddles and fills the mouth. Deep ruby red in color. Distinct and elegant aroma of ripe red fruit and black cherry, with scents of spices and vanilla. Round in the mouth, velvety and harmonic.
- Serving Suggestions: It pairs well with tasty pasta and rice dishes, prepared with fragrant trifle and porcini mushrooms. Excellent with red char-grilled and roasted beef, with lamb and medium/mature cheeses. Serve at a temperature of approximately 16-18 C (61-64 F). Open the bottle at least 1 hour before serving.