Sauvignon de La Tour, Collio DOC – 2014
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: On the crown of a hill in front of the winery, facing primarily northeast and southeast
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Marl
- Density: 5,500 vines/hectare (2,225 vines/acre)
- Training: Arched cane and Guyot trained
- Harvest Date(s): September 20
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand-harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature-controlled stainless-steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 7 months before bottling, 9 months after harvest.
Greenish straw-yellow color; pronounced yet delicate aromas of peach, white pasta, lilac, grapefruit, tomato leaf and passion fruit; wine characterized by a full body but at the same time velvety and elegant; intended for aging. Pair with appetizers, intense and aromatic first courses; ideal for fish dishes and shellfish.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Production (in cases): 4,000 bottles
- Production Case Pack: 12/750ml
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 5.8g/L
Sauvignon de La Tour, Collio DOC – 2014 – 91 points – jamessuckling.com
"A sauvignon with lime and sliced apple. Full body, fresh acidity and a mineral, green apple aftertaste. Fresh and crisp. Subtle character..."
Sauvignon de La Tour, Collio DOC – 2014 – 91 points – Wine Enthusiast
“Enticing aromas of tropical fruit, elderflower, tomato leaf and a whiff of hay lead the nose on this full-bodied white … creamy white peach, passion fruit, chopped herb and mineral. Fresh acidity brightens the rich flavors.”