Sauvignon, Collio DOC – 2018
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: Terraced hillside estate vineyards between 230 and 600 feet above sea level facing south and northwest
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Vine Age: 20 to 50 years old
- Soil: Sandstone and marl locally knows as “ponca”
- Density: 1,820-2,025 vines/acre
- Training: Single-arched cane
- Harvest Date(s): August 17
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is moved into temperature controlled stainless steel vats for 9 months. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 8 months before bottling, 8-9 months after harvest.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sauvignon
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- TA: 5.3 g/L
Greenish straw yellow with delicate and aromatic aromas. Exotic fresh fruit — pineapple, peach and sage. A wine with elegant and velvety taste, full bodied and easy to drink.