Sauvignon, Collio DOC – 2016
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: Terraced hillside estate vineyards between 230 and 600 feet above sea level facing southeast and southwest
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Vine Age: 20 to 50 years old
- Soil: Sandstone and marl locally knows as “ponca”
- Density: 1,820-2,025 vines/acre
- Training: Single-arched cane
Mild growing season with moderate temperatures from spring through summer. Dry conditions continued into late summer and early fall with very little rain.This gave way to perfect quality in grape maturation up to the harvest dates of August 25- September 10.
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand harvested during the chilly early hours of the day.
The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is moved into temperature controlled stainless steel vats for 9 months. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 8 months before bottling.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sauvignon
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 5.6 g/L
- p H: 3.36
- RS: 1.1 g/L
Greenish straw yellow in color. The delicate, aromatic nose has aromas of exotic fresh fruits, such as pineapple and peach with hints of sage. The full bodied palate is elegant, velvety and easy to drink.