Sauvignon, Collio DOC – 2015
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: In the vicinity of the winery, on hillsides facing south and northeast
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Marl
- Density: 4,500-5,000 vines/hectare (1,820-2,025 vines/acre)
- Training: Arched cane and Guyot trained
- Harvest Date(s): September 2-11, 2015
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand harvested during the chilly early hours of the
day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently
pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature controlled stainless steel
vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 8 months before bottling, 8-9
months after harvest.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 5.6g/L
Greenish straw yellow with delicate and aromatic aromas. Exotic fresh fruit like pineapple, peach and sage. A wine with elegant and velvety taste, full bodied and easy to drink.
- Serving Suggestions: Ham appetizers, light fish dishes.