Sauvignon, Collio DOC – 2014
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: In the vicinity of the winery, on hillsides facing south and northeast
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Marl
- Density: 4,500-5,000 vines/hectare (1,820-2,025 vines/acre)
- Training: Arched cane and Guyot trained
- Harvest Date(s): September 9-15
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand-harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature-controlled stainless-steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 6 months before bottling, 8 months after harvest.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Production (in cases): 39,000 bottles
- Production Case Pack: 12/750ml
- Alcohol: 13%
- TA: 6.0g/L
Greenish straw-yellow color with delicate aromatics; exotic fresh fruit, pineapple, peach and sage aromas; a wine with an elegant and velvety taste, full bodied and easy to drink. Pair with ham appetizers, light fish dishes.