Rosso Infinito, Colli Euganei DOC – 2017
The infinity symbol represents the “infinite” amount of surprises this wine delivers throughout the years. The wine’s label is fashioned after the shape of a volcano, reminiscent of its volcanic origins. In fact, it is the volcanic soil that differentiates this wine from other muscats.
- Appellation: Colli Euganei DOC
- Location: Euganean Hills
- Soil: Marl and Trachyte-laden clay
- Orientation: East/Southeast - West
- Density: 4,001 vines/hectare (1,619 vines/acre)
- Training: Spurred cordon and Guyot
- Harvest Date(s): Last ten days of September. Picked by hand using crates.
- Fermentation: Partial destemming of Merlot (50% of the whole mass, 50% destemmed) and total destemming of Cabernet Sauvignon and Carmenere. Fermentation at 28°C with autochthonous yeasts in maceration on the skins of each variety separately, for 40 days. Malolactic fermentation in maceration. Aging of 10 months in steel and 6 months in concrete. Not clarified, mild filtration.
- Aging: 10 months in steel and 5 months in concrete tanks
- Varietal Composition: 60% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Carmenere
- Alcohol: 14%
- TA: 5.8 g/l
- p H: 3.60
- RS: 2.0 g/l
Wine with a vividly intense colour, deep and impenetrable. Its aroma is profoundly cherry, ripe fruit and balsamic spice. On the palate it is rich and potently warm with a perfectly balanced acidity and minerality that conveys the volcanic nuances of the terrain. Sweet and silky tannins with an intense and persistent aftertaste.