Rosso Infinito, Colli Euganei DOC – 2016
The infinity symbol represents the “infinite” amount of surprises this wine delivers throughout the years. The wine’s label is fashioned after the shape of a volcano, reminiscent of its volcanic origins. In fact, it is the volcanic soil that differentiates this wine from other muscats.
- Appellation: Colli Euganei DOC
- Location: Luvigliano and Baone’s hills
- Cultivation: Sustainable
- Size: 3.5 hectares (8.65 acres)
- Vine Age: 15 years
- Soil: Marl and Trachyte-laden clay
- Elevation: 200 meters (656 feet) above sea level
- Orientation: South/East
- Density: 4,000 vines/hectare (1,619 vines/acre)
- Training: Spurred cordon and Guyot
- Harvest Date(s): Hand harvested at the end of September
The hand-picked grapes are destemmed and not crushed. Fermentation and maceration for 25 days including a partial malolactic cycle. After maceration the wine is drawn off and the malolactic cycle is completed.
- Fermentation: 100% in stainless-steel tanks
- Aging: 10 months in tank and minimum 6 months in bottle
- Varietal Composition: 67% Merlot, 32% Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Carmenere
- Alcohol: 14%
- TA: 5.0 g/l
- p H: 3.60
- RS: 0.25 g/l
Wine with a vividly intense colour, deep and impenetrable. Its aroma is profoundly cherry, ripe fruit and balsamic spice. On the palate it is rich and potently warm with a perfectly balanced acidity and minerality that conveys the volcanic nuances of the terrain. Sweet and silky tannins with an intense and persistent aftertaste.