Ribolla Gialla, Collio DOC – 2017
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: Terraced hillside estate vineyards between 230 and 600 feet above sea level facing southeast and southwest
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Vine Age: 20-40 years old
- Soil: Sandstone and marl locally known as “ponca”
- Density: 4500-5000 vines/ha (1800-2200 vines/acre)
- Training: Spurred cordon
- Harvest Date(s): September 21-22
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is moved into temperature controlled stainless steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 6-7 months before bottling.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Ribolla Gialla
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- TA: 5.81 g/L
- p H: 3.35
- RS: 0.30 g/L
Pale straw with greenish tints. Attractive. Welcoming to the nose with notes of acacia, oak wood and tropical fruit.