Ribolla Gialla, Collio DOC – 2015
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: On the hillsides facing south, east and west.
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Marl; "ponca" clay with limestone.
- Density: 4,500-5,000 vines/hectare (1,820-2,025 vines/acre)
- Training: Arched cane and Guyot trained
- Harvest Date(s): September 17-23, 2015
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature controlled stainless steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 8 months before bottling, 8-9 months after harvest.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Ribolla Gialla
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- TA: 5.6g/L
Pale straw with greenish tints. Attractive. Welcoming nose with notes of acacia. Oak wood and tropical fruit. First courses, cream soups and fish in sauce.