Ribolla Gialla, Collio DOC – 2014
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: On the hillsides facing south
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Marl
- Density: 4,500-5,000 vines/hectare (1,820-2,025 vines/acre)
- Training: Arched cane and Guyot trained
- Harvest Date(s): September 24
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand-harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature-controlled stainless-steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 6 months before bottling, 8 months after harvest.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Ribolla Gialla (This varietal is believed to have come to Friuli from Slovenia, next door to Collio.)
- Production (in cases): 27,000 bottles
- Production Case Pack: 12/750ml
- Alcohol: 12%
- TA: 6.2g/L
Attractive pale straw color with greenish tints; welcoming nose with notes of acacia, oak wood and tropical fruit. Pair with first courses, cream soups and fish in sauce.