Reserva Real, DO Penedès – 2016
Overall, 2016 was a normal year in terms of temperature. That being said, the growth season was cold, save for the ripening period, which was normal. As for rainfall, 2016 was a dry year, both during the vegetative cycle and fruit maturation. It is worth noting that the summer months were very dry, with the June through August period receiving 75% less rain than usual.
- Harvest Date(s): Cabernet sauvignon: From the 11th of October Merlot: From the 28th of September Cabernet franc: From the 3rt of October
- Fermentation: 7 days at 26°C
- Maceration: Between 15-20 days
- Barrel Aging: During 18 months in new French oak barrels
- Varietal Composition: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc
- Alcohol: 14.5% vol.
- TA: 5.91 g/L (tartaric a.)
- p H: 3.33
- RS: 0.4 g/L
- Optimum Drinking: Due to the excellent quality of its tannins, it will mature beautifully for the next 15–20 years.