Relio, Rive di Guia, Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG – 2018
The standard bearer for the quality of Bisol Prosecco Superiore. It is named after a man who dedicated his entire life to this area: Aurelio Bisol, who was known affectionately as “Relio”. In his honor, the winery has specially selected grapes from the single vineyard “Rive di Guia” on the steepest slopes, where cultivation, and harvesting has to be carried out by hand, demanding all of the tenacity and passion of what is known in Italy as “heroic viticulture.”
- Grape Source: 85% Glera, 15% blend Chardonnay, Pinot Bianco (Single vineyard, estate grown)
- Exposure: West, South West
- Training: typical Valdobbiadenese method, a variation on the double curtain system.
- Harvest Date(s): Late September, early October; hand-harvested
- Varietal Composition: 85% Glera, 15% blend Chardnnay, Pinot Bianco (Single vineyard, easte grown)
- Alcohol: 11.5% vol.
- TA: 5.5 grams per liter
- RS: 11 grams per liter
Color: straw yellow with lime-green highlights, embellished by the fine, rich and persistent perlage.
Bouquet: intense, enveloping and lively. The fruity and floral notes blend together with harmony and elegant delicacy.
Flavor: balanced softness, flavor and acidity which together exalts elegance. Lingers on the palate with a pleasing freshness.
Bisol Relio, Rive di Guia, Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG — 2018 – Wine Enthusiast – 91 Points
Aromas of green apple, citrus and honeysuckle waft out of the glass. On the bright, silky palate, a creamy perlage and crisp acidity provide an enticing backdrop for pear, white peach and lemon drop.