Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles — 2019
- Appellation: Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles, Burgundy
- Location: 3 parcels in Puligny-Montrachet of Les Pucelles
- Cultivation: 100% biodynamic
- Size: Total of 3.06 hectares (7.56 acres); le clos du meix: 26 ouvrées (2.77 acres), planted in 1981 and 1985; la grande: 29.5 ouvrées (3.12 acres), planted in 1954, 1957, 1958, 1961 and 1963; la petite: 8.5 ouvrées (0.91 acre), planted in 1969
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Barrel Fermentation: Long, gentle pneumatic pressing, decanting over 24 hours, then racking and running into cask of the must. Alcoholic fermentation in oak casks, 25% new (maxi 1/2 Vosges, mini 1/2 Allier).
- Aging: Matured 12 months in cask, then aged 6 months in tank and prepared for bottling
- Filtration: Homeopathic fining and very light filtering at bottling, if necessary
Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles — 2019 – Burghound – 96 Points
Prominent notes of honeysuckle and passion fruit are laced with a variety of space and citrus elements. There is good richness and an abundance of dry extract to the strikingly refined flavors that possesses a gorgeous mouthfeel which delivers flat out superb length on the balanced finale. This is very classy juice that should basically age for as long as anyone would reasonably like.