Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles – 2018
- Appellation: Burgundy
- Location: 3 parcels in Puligny-Montrachet of Les Pucelles
- Cultivation: 100% biodynamic
- Size: Total of 3.06 hectares (7.56 acres); le clos du meix: 26 ouvrées (2.77 acres), planted in 1981 and 1985; la grande: 29.5 ouvrées (3.12 acres), planted in 1954, 1957, 1958, 1961 and 1963; la petite: 8.5 ouvrées (0.91 acre), planted in 1969
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Barrel Fermentation: Long, gentle pneumatic pressing, decanting over 24 hours, then racking and running into cask of the must. Alcoholic fermentation in oak casks, 25% new (maxi 1/2 Vosges, mini 1/2 Allier).
- Aging: Matured 12 months in cask, then aged 6 months in tank and prepared for bottling
- Filtration: Homeopathic fining and very light filtering at bottling, if necessary
Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles – 2018 – Vinous – 93-95 Points
The 2018 Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 1er Cru was one cuvée that was showing a little more reduction when I tasted the barrel sample. Skipping the aromatics, the palate is very well balanced with notes of orange peel and white peach, and a little more lime toward the finish compared to Les Combettes. Good length on the aftertaste and a little more viscosity. Very fine. Drink 2022 - 2040.