Pouilly Fuissé La Chaneau – 2019
- Vineyards: Pouilly-Fuissé; La Chaneau
- Size: 1 parcel 0.276 hectares (0.68 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted in 1980 and 1995
- Soil: Calcareous clay rich in iron. Very steep slope at the foothill of the Roche de Solutre.
- Exposure: Eastern
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted over night and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: 12 months in oak (20% new), then 6 months in stainless steel vat before bottling.
Domaine Leflaive Pouilly Fuissé La Chaneau – 2019 – Bughound – 93 Points
Mild reduction blurs the nuance of what appears to be ripe white orchard aromas. There is both excellent volume and salinity to the attractively textured medium-bodied flavors that terminate in a bracingly dry, complex and well-balanced finale.