Pouilly Fuissé La Chaneau – 2018
- Vineyards: Pouilly-Fuissé; La Chaneau
- Size: 1 parcel 0.276 hectares (0.68 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted in 1980 and 1995
- Soil: Calcareous clay rich in iron. Very steep slope at the foothill of the Roche de Solutre.
- Exposure: Eastern
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted over night and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: 12 months in oak (20% new), then 6 months in stainless steel vat before bottling.
Domaine Leflaive Pouilly Fuissé La Chaneau – 2018 – Vinous – 92 Points
The 2018 Pouilly-Fuissé Le Chaneau is bright, translucent and full of energy. A hint of reduction in the aromatics leads to a core of citrus confit, white flowers, mint and white pepper. Aromatically high toned and chiseled on the palate, the 2018 is superb. Bright saline notes round out the precise finish.