Pouilly-Fuissé En Vigneraie – 2019
- Vineyards: Pouilly-Fuissé; En Vigneraie
- Size: 1 parcel 0.234 hectares (0.88 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted in 1996
- Soil: Shallow calcareous clay at the foothill of the Roche de Solutre; Precocious vineyard
- Exposure: Southern
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted over night and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: 12 months in oak (20% new), then 6 months in stainless steel vat before bottling.
Domaine Leflaive Pouilly-Fuissé En Vigneraie — 2019 – Bughound – 93 Points
Ripe and very fresh aromas are comprised by notes of poached pear, green apple citrus ring and a hint of mineral reduction. There is fine richness and solid concentration to the middle weight flavors that possesses a caressing mouthfeel and exhibit fine length on the clean, dry and balanced finale.