Pouilly-Fuissé En Vigneraie – 2018
- Vineyards: Pouilly-Fuissé; En Vigneraie
- Size: 1 parcel 0.234 hectares (0.88 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted in 1996
- Soil: Shallow calcareous clay at the foothill of the Roche de Solutre; Precocious vineyard
- Exposure: Southern
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted over night and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: 12 months in oak (20% new), then 6 months in stainless steel vat before bottling.
Domaine Leflaive Pouilly-Fuissé En Vigneraie – 2018 – Vinous – 90 Points
The 2018 Pouilly-Fuissé En Vigneraie possesses lovely earthy and mineral tones that play off the natural radiance of the fruit in 2018. Apricot, orange confit and tropical overtones all build with a bit of time in the glass. The Vigneraie is a bit introspective and serious in demeanor, but also has a lot to offer.