Pont des Arts Rosé Vieilles Vignes Réserve Spéciale, IGP Vaucluse – 2015
In celebration of its 10th anniversary, Chêne Bleu has produced a Réserve Spéciale Rosé Vieilles Vignes in collaboration with the “Pont des Arts” project.
Pont des Arts is an exclusive, limited collection of wines, a bridge between art and wine that joins the best of international artists to a select group of outstanding French wines. The project is from the Pontallier family of Château Margaux and pairs a portfolio of outstanding French wines with works of fine art.
- Label Artist: The painting featured on the label is by Miquel Barceló, a world-renowned contemporary, Spanish-born artist. A constant traveler, Miquel seeks cultural diversity by dividing his time between Paris, Mali and his native Majorca. With influences as wide-ranging as Velasquez, Tintoretto, Rembrandt and Dubuffet, he was the youngest artist ever to be exhibited at the Louvre.
- The Label:
- Cultivation: Organic and biodynamic practices (not certified)
- Size: 30 hectares under cultivation (74 acres)
- Vine Age: 60 years
- Soil: Clay and limestone, very stony
- Elevation: 530 meters (1,739 feet)
- Exposure: Northwest-facing slope
- Density: 4,300 vines/hectare (1,740 vines/acre)
- Training: Double-cordon de Royat, 6 shoots per cordon
The 2015 harvest was a bit earlier than usual, after a cold winter, rainy spring and a very hot summer with intermittent storms. September was also hot, with one major rainfall mid-month. A cool, sunny October spurred an early harvest, during which time there was some concern from two major rainstorms.
- Harvest Date(s): September 21-October 14
- Yields: 35 hectoliters/hectare (2.59 tons/acre)
- Fermentation: Direct press, skin contact at time of pressing for 1.5 hours; cold fermentation, 75% in stainless steel
- Filtration: Tangential filtration
- Fining: Green pea powder
- Cases Imported: 20 cases
- Imported Case Pack: 6/750ml
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Appearance: Delicate pale pink, bright and clear
Nose: Redcurrant, with notes of pink grapefruit and exotic fruits
Palate: Fresh, full-bodied, fruity, with notes of citrus; a long, crisp finish
- Serving Suggestions: Serve lightly chilled to 14 C (57 F)
Pont des Arts Rosé Vieilles Vignes Réserve Spéciale, IGP Vaucluse – 2015 – 90 points – Wine Spectator
“Very pale in color but not shy on depth, with a core of white cherry, peach and rose water notes that unfurls slowly, framed by light floral and talc notes and gliding through a sneakily long finish. A rather refined rosé.”
Pont des Arts Rosé Vieilles Vignes Réserve Spéciale, IGP Vaucluse – 2015 – 91 points – The Wine Advocate
“… gives up beautiful raspberry, strawberry and floral characteristics to go with a layered, textured, seamless style on the palate. The winemaking here is just first rate, and both of these Roses are flat out outstanding.”