Pinot Gris, AOC Alsace – 2017
Alsace has been celebrated for its lovely, dry white wines for centuries. In the heart of Alsace’s finest district, the Haut-Rhin, Maison Pierre Sparr follows a 300-year-old tradition of winemaking that began during the reign of King Louis XIV. Since 1680, the Sparr family’s passion for viticulture and winemaking has passed from one generation to the next. Today, the devotion to the land, the attention to the smallest detail and the uncompromising quest for excellence can been seen in every bottle bearing the Sparr crest.
- Appellation: Alsace Controlée
- Location: From Thann in the Haut-Rhin to Kintzheim in the Bas-Rhin (80.5 kilometers, or 50 miles, north to south)
- Size: 14 hectares (34.6 acres)
- Vine Age: 34 years
- Soil: Granite, limestone, gneiss, chalky-clay
- Harvest Date(s): Early October
- Yields: 75 hl/ha (5.6 tons/acre)
- Fermentation: Traditional, no skin contact, temperature controlled, no malolactic
- Aging: Stainless-steel tanks
This Pinot Gris is yellow-gold. Alluring aromas of juicy apricots and peaches are prominent with subtle undertones of minerals. On the palate it has elegant opulence, freshness and sweetness in a sleek body finished with a touch of smoke and spice.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Pinot Gris
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- TA: 5.1g/L
- RS: 12.6g/L