Pinot Grigio, Collio DOC – 2018
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: Terraced hillside estate vineyards between 230-600 feet above sea level facing southeast and southwest
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Vine Age: 20-60 years old
- Soil: Sandstone and marl locally known as “ponca”
- Density: 1,820-2,025 vines/acre
- Training: Single-arched cane
- Harvest Date(s): August 20
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature controlled stainless steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for 6-7 months before bottling.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Pinot Grigio
- Alcohol: 13%
- TA: 5.1 g/L
Straw yellow, elegant and refined on the nose with complex fruit aromas. Mature wines have a bouquet of toasted almonds and straw.