Pinot Grigio, Collio DOC – 2014
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: On various hillsides in the vicinity of the winery, facing south, east and west
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Marl
- Density: 4,500-5,000 vines/hectare (1,820-2,025 vines/acre)
- Training: Arched cane and Guyot trained
- Harvest Date(s): September 3-6
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand-harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature-controlled stainless-steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 6 months before bottling, 8 months after harvest.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Pinot Grigio
- Production (in cases): 56,000 bottles
- Production Case Pack: 12/750ml
- Alcohol: 13%
- TA: 5.7g/L
Straw-yellow color; elegant and refined on the nose with complex fruit aromas. Mature wines have a bouquet of toasted almonds and straw. Ideal for appetizers and buffet servings; also fish and vegetable first courses.