Perricone del Core Sicilia DOC 2016
Core is the name of the cru from which the grapes hail. The name has its origins in a vineyard that has always been called, “core,” by the farmers of Montoni. In Sicilian, “core” means heart. In fact, seen from above, the vineyard is the shape of a heart.
- Appellation: Sicilia DOC
- Location: Cammarata (Agrigento)
- Viticulture: Certified Organic
- Vine Age: 40 year old vines, grafted by hand onto wild plants
- Soil: Clay and sand
- Elevation: 500 meters (1,640 feet) above sea level
- Exposure: East facing
- Density: 4,400 vines per hectare (1,781 vines per acre)
- Training: Vertical trellis
- Fermentation: 100% in cement containers. Malolactic fermentation takes place completely in cement.
- Aging: 8 months in cement, 3 months in barrels, 3 months in the bottle.
Ruby red in color with light violet reflections. Notes of prune, red fruit preserves, spices and notes of cocoa and licorice. Fresh, soft and round on the palate with tannins that are typical of this variety, well polished.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Perricone
- Alcohol: 13.5%