Passito Bianco Terre Siciliane IGT – NV
- Grape Source: Cammarata (Agrigento)
- Viticulture: Certified Organic
- Vine Age: 30 - 55 year old vines, grafted by hand onto wild plants
- Soil: Rocky, sandy, iron-rich
- Elevation: 700 meters (2,297 feet) above sea level
- Exposure: East-facing vineyard
- Density: 2,600 vines per hectare (1,053 vines per acre)
- Training: Vertical trellis and bush vine, Guyot and bush vine
- Fermentation: Slow fermentation with a progressive addition of sun-dried grapes
- Aging: 7 months in wood barrels, 12 months in bottle
- Varietal Composition: Grillo and Catarratto
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- RS: 200 g/L
On the nose, this intense wine offers distinct notes of apricot and candied orange peel. Notes of date weave with fresh aromas of sage and calamint, with a finish of tobacco and of hydrocarbon. On the palate, it expresses remarkable acidity that is well-balanced with the sweetness.
Feudo Montoni Passito Bianco Terre Siciliane IGT – NV – The Wine Advocate – 92 Points
The NV Passito Bianco (in a 375-milliliter bottle) shows an orange-golden color with lots of dried apricot and orange skin. This wine raises the bar on the intensity level of a Sicilian sweet wine, and despite all that dried and candied fruit, you also get a touch of dried herb or rosemary essence along with toasted almond and Sicilian orange.
Feudo Montoni Passito Bianco Terre Siciliane IGT – NV – Vinous – 92 Points
Luminous golden-orange. Aromas of orange blossom, grapefruit oil, crystallized papaya. Then at once sweet and salty, with orange marmalade and lemon peel flavors complicated by hints of crème brulée. Finishes long, lusciously sweet and creamy but without quite the lift of this estate’s marvelous Passito Rosso. This is a blend of air-dried Catarratto Lucido and Grillo and aged in wood barrels for seven months and then twelve months in bottle prior to going on sale.