Passito Bianco Terre Siciliane IGT – NV
- Grape Source: Cammarata (Agrigento)
- Viticulture: Certified Organic
- Vine Age: 30 - 55 year old vines, grafted by hand onto wild plants
- Soil: Rocky, sandy, iron-rich
- Elevation: 700 meters (2,297 feet) above sea level
- Exposure: East-facing vineyard
- Density: 2,600 vines per hectare (1,053 vines per acre)
- Training: Vertical trellis and bush vine, Guyot and bush vine
- Fermentation: Slow fermentation with a progressive addition of sun-dried grapes
- Aging: 7 months in wood barrels, 12 months in bottle
- Varietal Composition: Grillo and Catarratto
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- RS: 200 g/L
On the nose, this intense wine offers distinct notes of apricot and candied orange peel. Notes of date weave with fresh aromas of sage and calamint, with a finish of tobacco and of hydrocarbon. On the palate, it expresses remarkable acidity that is well-balanced with the sweetness.
Feudo Montoni Passito Bianco Terre Siciliane IGT – NV – The Wine Advocate – 92 Points
I don't see a vintage declared on this wine. The NV Passito Bianco (packaged in a 375-milliliter bottle) shows a deep golden color with orange highlights. The wine is made with air-dried Grillo and Catarratto grapes. Candied orange, almond paste and brown sugar emerge from the bouquet. The wine is sweet and immediate with a chunky, heavy approach. It sits heavy on the palate, thanks to that sunshine-driven sugar and glycerin. There is no doubting this wine's Sicilian DNA.
Feudo Montoni Passito Bianco Terre Siciliane IGT – NV – Vinous – 92 Points
Luminous golden-orange. Aromas of orange blossom, grapefruit oil, crystallized papaya. Then at once sweet and salty, with orange marmalade and lemon peel flavors complicated by hints of crème brulée. Finishes long, lusciously sweet and creamy but without quite the lift of this estate’s marvelous Passito Rosso. This is a blend of air-dried Catarratto Lucido and Grillo and aged in wood barrels for seven months and then twelve months in bottle prior to going on sale.
Feudo Montoni Passito Rosso Terre Siciliane IGT – NV – Vinous – 94 Points
Bright deep red with an orange rim. The nose really opens with aeration to offer sweet red plum, dehydrated red cherry, cinnamon and raisins. Then similar flavors to the aromas lifted by juicy, harmonious acidity. Finishes very long and suave with saline nuances and repeating notes of raisins. Lovely, light on its feet dessert wine that seems less sweet than it really is thanks to its piercing acidity. One of the best sweet wines I have tasted so far this year. This is a blend of air-dried Nero d’Avola and Perricone aged in wood barrels for seven months and then twelve months in bottle prior t