NOI4, Bolgheri DOC – 2015
NOI4 (noy-kwah-tro) translates to “the four of us.” It represents the four members of the Ratti family, and is used at the entrance of their property. NOI4 was also the fourth wine added to Tenuta Sette Cieli’s portfolio and there was a team of four people that chose to make this wine.
- Grape Source: Estate managed vineyard located in the heart of the Bolgheri DOC.
- Location: Bolgheri, Tuscany
- Size: 1.5 hectares (3.7 acres)
- Vine Age: 25 years
- Soil: 40% sand, 30% clay, 30% silt
- Elevation: Sea level
- Density: 6,940 vines/acre
- Training: Cordon training and guyot
The 2015 growing season was a warm vintage, with good polyphenolic ripening, producing full body wines with lot of extraction and ripe aromas.
- Harvest Date(s): September 10 - October 15
- Fermentation: In stainless-steel tanks at controlled temperatures; with indigenous yeast; before the fermentation starts, we do a cold maceration for 3-4 days; 100% malolactic.
- Maceration: Cold for 3-4 days
- Barrel Aging: 15 months in 60-gallon French oak (50% new)
A blend born of the desire to explore new territories, refined in barrels for 15 months. This wine is very expressive. It is characterized by a very elegant nose, fresh fruitiness, nice acidity and good persistence with an interesting minerality. In the mouth, the tannins are very soft and round.
- Varietal Composition: 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc
- Production (in cases): 1,700 cases (6/750ml)
- Cases Imported: 105
- Alcohol: 13.5%