Nero D’Avola Lagnusa Sicilia DOC 2018
Lagnusa is the name of the cru from which the grapes hail. The name has its origins in the vineyard which has always been called “lagnusa” by the farmers of Montoni. In Sicilian, “lagnusa” means that which is lazy and produces small quantities. Today, we know that a vineyard that produces less, creates higher quality.
- Appellation: Sicilia DOC
- Location: Cammarata (Agrigento)
- Viticulture: Certified Organic
- Vine Age: 35 year old vines, grafted from our old Vrucura Nero d’Avola “mother plants.” By grafting in this antique manner, we obtain grapes with a unique and exclusive “DNA” of Feudo Montoni, our copyright of Nature.
- Soil: Clay and sand
- Elevation: 600 meters (1,969 feet) above sea level
- Exposure: East facing
- Density: 4.400 vines per hectare (1,781 vines per acre)
- Training: Vertical trellis
- Fermentation: 100% in cement containers. Malolactic fermentation takes place completely in cement.
- Aging: 20 months in cement, 4 months in barrels, 4 months in the bottle
- Varietal Composition: 100% Nero d'Avola
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Ruby red in color. Its structure does not want to conquer with strength, but with elegance. A complex perfume with notes of fruit and spices, that are in harmony with one another. The boldest aroma is of cinnamon. Notes of menthol amplify the freshness of the taste. It is soft, velvety, sapid and is laced with the right amount of tannin on the palate.
Feudo Montoni Sicilia Ner d’Avola Lagnusa – 2018 – The Wine Advocate – 91 Points
The 2018 Sicilia Nero d'Avola Lagnusa is a well-proportioned expression of this native Sicilian grape that shows equal parts primary intensity with blackberry and cherry contrasted against subtle earthy tones. This is Sicily's Nero d'Avola in all its naked glory. Pair this wine with veal involtini.
Feudo Montoni Nero d’Avola Lagnusa – 2018 – Vinous – 92 Points
Bright deep red. Mineral and sweet spices complicate red cherry and botanical herbs on the nose and in the mouth. Long and very lively on the juicy, suave back end. Lovely stuff.