Nero D’Avola Lagnusa Sicilia DOC — 2017
Lagnusa is the name of the cru from which the grapes hail. The name has its origins in the vineyard which has always been called “lagnusa” by the farmers of Montoni. In Sicilian, “lagnusa” means that which is lazy and produces small quantities. Today, we know that a vineyard that produces less, creates higher quality.
- Appellation: Sicilia DOC
- Location: Cammarata (Agrigento)
- Viticulture: Certified Organic
- Vine Age: 35 year old vines, grafted from our old Vrucura Nero d’Avola “mother plants.” By grafting in this antique manner, we obtain grapes with a unique and exclusive “DNA” of Feudo Montoni, our copyright of Nature.
- Soil: Clay and sand
- Elevation: 600 meters (1,969 feet) above sea level
- Exposure: East facing
- Density: 4.400 vines per hectare (1,781 vines per acre)
- Training: Vertical trellis
- Fermentation: 100% in cement containers. Malolactic fermentation takes place completely in cement.
- Aging: 20 months in cement, 4 months in barrels, 4 months in the bottle
- Varietal Composition: 100% Nero d'Avola
- Alcohol: 13.5%
Ruby red in color. Its structure does not want to conquer with strength, but with elegance. A complex perfume with notes of fruit and spices, that are in harmony with one another. The boldest aroma is of cinnamon. Notes of menthol amplify the freshness of the taste. It is soft, velvety, sapid and is laced with the right amount of tannin on the palate.