Nerello Mascalese Rosé di Adele Sicilia DOC – 2018
Rose di Adele is the name of the cru from which the grapes hail. The name has its origins in a rose garden that owner Fabio Sireci’s father, Elio, dedicated to his beloved wife, Adele.
- Vineyards: Cammarata (Agrigento)
- Vine Age: 40 years old vines, grafted by hand onto wild plants
- Soil: Clay-sandy
- Elevation: 600 meters (1,969 feet) above sea level
- Exposure: East-facing vineyard
- Density: 4,400 vines per hectare (1,781 vines per acre)
- Training: Vertical trellis
- Fermentation: Fermentation in cement containers and contact with the skins for 3 hours, then pressed very softly.
- Aging: Sur lies with batonnage in cement containers for 6 months.
- Alcohol: 13%
The color is pink “onion skin,” with golden reflections. Notes of rose and white flowers combine with aromas of clove, pomegranate and wild strawberries. On the palate, it is fresh, persistent and sapid.