Moscato d’Asti DOCG – 2013
- Location: In the commune of Calosso
- Size: 1 hectare (2.47 acres)
- Vine Age: 30 years
- Soil: Clay and sand
- Elevation: 350 meters (1,148 feet)
- Exposure: Southeast
- Density: 4,000 vines/hectare (1,619 vines/acre)
- Training: Vertical trellising, Guyot pruning
Following a cold winter without excess, yet a good amount of snow, February and March were rainy and very humid which delayed budbreak. June, July and August were warm and dry. Autumn was dry and windy, with harvest delayed by 7 to 10 days compared to our normal harvest dates; yields were within an average range.
- Harvest Date(s): September 10
- Fermentation: Soft pressing, clarification with pectolytic enzymes; fermentation is temperature-controlledat 15 C (59 F) in steel fermenters
- Malolactic: None
- Filtration: Yes
- Fining: Yes
- Varietal Composition: 100% Moscato
- Alcohol: 5%
- RS: 1.2g/L
Straw amber color. A wine of great and original personality, with a bouquet of aromatic flowers, sage and rosemary. Fresh and mouth-filling, with a long finish, leaving a persistence of sweet, mature fruit on the palate.
Serving Suggestions: At 10 C (50 F) with sweets, cakes and pastries, soft cheeses and apéritifs
Aging Potential: It is recommended that Moscato be consumed within 18 months of the vintage and be stored at a cool temperature of 5 C to 7 C (41 F to 45 F).