Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG Passito – 2016
- Appellation: Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG
- Cultivation: Sustainable
- Size: 5 hectares (12.36 acres)
- Soil: Limestone, clay
- Elevation: Rolling hills, 820 feet above sea level with southern exposure
- Density: 7,000 vines/hectare (2,833 vines/acre)
- Training: Spurred cordon
- Harvest Date(s): October
- Fermentation: 15 days in stainless-steel; indigenous yeast; 100% malolactic fermentation
- Aging: 15 months in French oak barrels; 12 months aging in bottle
- Filtration: Yes
- Fining: No
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sagrantino
- Production (in cases): 800
- Production Case Pack: 6/375ml
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 4.9%
- p H: 4.15
- RS: 135 g/L
AROMA: The sweetness arrives first to the nose with scents of blackberry and strawberry jam, revealing vanilla and cinnamon.
TASTE: warm and sweet, soft and intense. The tannins work to balance the
sugars and leave the palate cleansed, ready for another taste.
- Serving Suggestions: Traditional Umbrian cakes like “tozzetti”, jam tarts, dark chocolate, creamy cheeses.