Meursault 1er Cru sous le Dos d’Âne – 2018
Definition of sous le Dos d’Âne: Below the ridgeline sloping on each side
- Appellation: Burgundy
- Location: 1 parcel in Meursault
- Cultivation: 100% biodynamic
- Size: 1.62 hectares (4 acres)
- Vine Age: Planted 1995 and 2004
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Fermentation: Long, gentle pneumatic pressing, “débourbage,” or “settling of the juice,” over 24 hours; then racking and running the must into cask
- Barrel Fermentation: Alcoholic fermentation in oak casks, 22% new (maximum 1/3 Vosges, minimum 2/3 allier)
- Aging: After 12 months in cask, the wine was aged an additional 6 months in tank, then prepared for bottling
- Filtration: Homeopathic fining and very light filtering at bottling, if necessary
Domaine Leflaive Meursault 1er Cru sous le Dos d’Âne — 2018 – The Wine Advocate – 91 Points
Mingling aromas of orange oil and Anjou pear with hints of white flowers, buttery pastry and toasted nuts, the 2018 Meursault 1er Cru Sous le Dos d'Ane is medium to full-bodied, chalky and incisive, with a bright spine of acidity and a mineral finish. This has turned out nicely and should reward a bit of bottle age.
Domaine Leflaive Meursault 1er Cru sous le Dos d’Âne – 2018 – Vinous – 90-92 Points
The 2018 Meursault Sur le Dos de l’Ane has a very intense bouquet that is actually quite Puligny-like in style. The palate is well balanced with a saline tang on the entry, modest depth and a spicy, energetic finish. Fine. Drink 2020 - 2028.