Merlot, Graf de La Tour, Collio DOC – 2013
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: Hillside, estate single vineyard selection with south facing exposure
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Sandstone and marl locally knows as “ponca”
- Elevation: 262–427 feet above sea level
- Density: 2,024 vines/acre
- Training: Spurred cordon
- Harvest Date(s): October 5, 2013
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand-harvested. The bunches are quickly moved to the cellar where grapes are destemmed and left to ferment and macerate for 20 days. After racking, the wine is matured in 225L (60 gallon) French oak casks (50% new oak and 50% used) for 20-24 months. It finally matures for 10 months in the bottle.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Merlot
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- TA: 5.21 g/L
- p H: 3.46
- RS: 0.5 g/L
Intense ruby red. Broad bouquet of flavors that varies from red fruits (red currant and strawberry), to dark chocolate, to tobacco and herbs.