Mâcon Verzé Les Chênes – 2019
- Vineyards: Mâcon-Villages: “Les Chênes”
- Vineyard Owner: 2 parcels purchased by Domaine Leflaive in 2003.
- Size: 3.00 hectares (7.41 acres) planted in 1973 and 2002; 0.45 hectares (1.1 acre) -planted in 1935
- Soil: Shallow calcareous clay
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted overnight and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: 12 months in oak (20% new) then 6 months in stainless steel vat before bottling
Domaine Leflaive Mâcon Verzé Les Chênes – 2019 – Burghound – 92 Points
Super-fresh aromas include those of green apple, spice and a plethora of citrus nuances. The medium weight flavors are not quite as dense but they're notably finer and with better precision on the mineral-driven, clean and agreeably dry finale that is just a bit firmer.