Mâcon Verzé Les Chênes – 2018
- Vineyards: Mâcon-Villages: “Les Chênes”
- Vineyard Owner: 2 parcels purchased by Domaine Leflaive in 2003.
- Size: 3.00 hectares (7.41 acres) planted in 1973 and 2002; 0.45 hectares (1.1 acre) -planted in 1935
- Soil: Shallow calcareous clay
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted overnight and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: Takes place in stainless steel tanks, during 16 months before homeopathic fining and very light filtering if necessary
Domaine Leflaive Mâcon Verzé Les Chênes – 2018 – Vinous – 90 Points
The 2018 Mâcon-Verzé Les Chenes is airy and gracious in the glass. Ripe pear, apricot, jasmine and passionfruit give the 2018 an exotic, floral feel that is impossible to miss. On the palate, the Chenes is airy and nicely lifted, not to mention super appealing. This is such a refined Burgundy.