Mâcon Verzé Les Chênes – 2018
- Vineyards: Mâcon-Villages: “Les Chênes”
- Vineyard Owner: 2 parcels purchased by Domaine Leflaive in 2003.
- Size: 3.00 hectares (7.41 acres) planted in 1973 and 2002; 0.45 hectares (1.1 acre) -planted in 1935
- Soil: Shallow calcareous clay
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted overnight and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: Takes place in stainless steel tanks, during 16 months before homeopathic fining and very light filtering if necessary