Mâcon Verzé Le Monté – 2018
- Vineyards: Mâcon Verzé "Le Monté"
- Vineyard Owner: 1 parcel purchased by Domaine Leflaive in 2003 in the Mâcon-Verzé.
- Size: 0.90 hectares (2.23 acres)
- Soil: Calcareous clay rich in flint
Hand harvested, sorted and pressed in Mâcon, the wine is decanted over night and then brought back to Puligny for both fermentation and aging at the Domaine.
- Aging: Takes place in stainless steel tanks, during 16 months before homeopathic fining and very light filtering, if necessary.
Domaine Leflaive Mâcon Verzé Le Monté – 2018 – Vinous – 91 Points
The Mâcon-Verzé Le Monté is a generous, inviting wine. Creamy and ample on the palate, the Monté reveals shades of tangerine oil, chamomile, marzipan and yellow flowers, all in an expansive style that has a ton to offer. Open-knit and fleshy, the 2018 shows a lot of immediacy.