Les Enfants, Venezia Giulia IGT – 2016
- Appellation: Venezia Giulia I.G.T.
- Location: Terraced hillside estate vineyards between 230 and 600 feet above sea level facing southeast and southwest
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Vine Age: 20-25 years old
- Soil: Sandstone and marl locally known as “ponca”
- Density: 1,800-2,025 vines/acre
- Training: Single-arched cane, guyot and spurred cordon
Mild growing season with moderate temperatures from spring through summer. Dry conditions continued into late summer and early fall with very little rain. This gave way to perfect quality in grape maturation up to the harvest dates of August 29-September 26.
Soft press of whole grapes followed by racking and fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel vats. The wines are blended after fermentation and age
on the lees for at least 7 months.
Straw yellow. Elegant and refined on the nose with crisp aromas of ripe fruit. Velvety sensations on the palate with notes of Golden Delicious apple.
- Varietal Composition: 50% Pinot Grigio, 25% Pinot Bianco, 20% Ribolla Gialla and 5% Sauvignon Blanc
- Alcohol: 13%
- TA: 5.6 g/L
- p H: 3.38
- RS: 1 g/L