Il Narcisista Recioto della Valpolicella Classico DOC – 2016
Creatively named “Il Narcisista” or “The Narcissist” this wine holds a personaliaty of self-flattery, perfectionism, and arrogance. This wine’s style reflects the winery’s pursuit of gratification and excellence.
- Vine Age: 15 years
- Soil: Dark, gravelly, high clay content, fertile, deep and drought-resistant
- Density: 5,000 vines/hectare (2,023 vines/acre)
- Training: Guyot, 8 buds/vine, green cover crop between rows
- Harvest Date(s): End of September. Slow grape withering in the Drying Room until mid-February
Crushing and Pressing of de-stemmed dry grapes in February
- Fermentation: Fermentation at a controlled temperature of 16°C
- Maceration: Maceration of the must for 20 days in contact with the skins, with daily pumping-over
- Malolactic: Malolactic fermentation
- Aging: The wine is aged in tonneaux for 12 months and subsequently in steel tanks for further 6 months. It is then left to mature for at least 6 months in the bottle before sale
- Varietal Composition: 60% Corvina, 20% Corvinone, 10% Rondinella, 10% Croatina
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 6.2g/L
- p H: 3.6
- RS: 110g/L
Dark ruby red in color. Intense and elegant aroma of ripe fruit, raisins, black cherries and plums in alcohol; Spicy scents of cocoa, vanilla and tobacco. Sweet, warm aroma, velvety and round. Recioto is a wine for meditation, ideally enjoyable after a meal, or on its own.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve at a temperature of approximately 15°C. Open the bottle at least 1 hour before serving.