Il Disperato Bianco delle Venezie IGT – 2015
A still white wine from pure Garganega grape — fine, elegant and lonely in a land of red wines — a Desperate because it couldn’t find its name, and finally we really called it so!
- Size: 3 hectares (7.4 acres)
- Vine Age: 30 years
- Soil: Dark, alluvial, and relatively light, with a high content of gravel
- Elevation: 150 meters (492 feet)
- Orientation: North-south
- Density: 2,500 vines/hectare (1,012 vines/acre)
- Training: Double pergola, 18 buds/vine, green cover crop between rows
- Harvest Date(s): Late September
- Yields: 70 hl/ha (5.2 tons/acre)
Destemmed grapes were crushed and pressed. Fermentation occurred for approximately 15 days at a controlled temperature of 16 degree Celsius (61 degrees Fahrenheit) in stainless-steel tanks. The wine was aged for four months in stainless-steel tanks, followed by two months in bottle before being released.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Garganega
- Alcohol: 12.6%
- TA: 5.9g/L
- p H: 3.4
- RS: 6g/L
Straw yellow color with a golden shimmer. Intense aromas, rich with notes of flowers and tropical fruit, especially mango and pineapple. Good structure and acidity. Round in the mouth, savory and balanced. Besides being a pleasant apéritif, its full flavor pairs well with refined meat and fish appetizers, crudités, aromatic pasta or rice dishes, grilled white meat or fish.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve chilled at eight degrees to 10 C (46 F to 50 F).