Friulano, Collio DOC – 2017
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: On hills in the vicinity of the winery, on mainly south-facing slopes
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Vine Age: 22 years old, on average
- Soil: Marl; “ponca” clay with limestone
- Density: 4500 – 5000 vines/ha (1800-2200 vines/acre)
- Training: Arched cane and Guyot trained
- Harvest Date(s): September 9-10, 2017
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand-harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature controlled stainless steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 6-7 months before bottling.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Friulano
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- TA: 4.95 g/L
- p H: 3.43 g/L
- RS: 1.10 g/L
Pale straw with greenish tints, with a strong round flavor, and characteristic notes of almonds and chamomile flowers. Has a slightly lower acidity than the other white wines in this range.