Friulano, Collio DOC – 2015
- Appellation: Collio DOC
- Location: On hills in the vicinity of the winery, on mainly south-facing slopes
- Viticulture: Sustainable
- Soil: Marl; “ponca” clay with limestone
- Density: 4,500-5,000 vines/hectare (1,820-2,025 vines/acre)
- Training: Arched cane and guyot trained
- Harvest Date(s): From September 9th to September 15th 2015
Perfectly ripened grapes are hand-harvested during the chilly early hours of the day. The bunches are then quickly carried to the cellar where they are gently pressed. The first must is pumped into temperature controlled stainless steel vats. The wine is kept on its lees for at least 6 months before bottling, 8-9 months after harvest.
- Vintage Composition: 100% Friulano
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- TA: 5.0g/L
Pale straw with greenish tints and a characteristic note of bitter almonds on the nose; delicate and refined, soft and round (with slightly lower acidity than the other whites in the range).